The Garlands COVID-19 task force continues to meet regularly to discuss new federal, state and local guidelines, our current safety precautions and lessons to be learned from outbreak areas throughout the U.S. and world. As a result, and in conjunction with the nation-wide extension of the mandatory social distancing policy through April 30th, we are issuing a mandatory “Stay-At-Home” order for Garlands members effective Tuesday, March 31st.
- While at The Garlands, Members will remain in their private residences.
- Members may leave The Garlands for grocery shopping (although online grocery ordering/delivery from The Garlands pop-up store are recommended), doctor appointments or walks.
- Mail and packages will be scanned with ultraviolet light and delivered to private residences daily.
- All Garlands independent living dining options will remain available with complimentary delivery service only (no pick-up/carry out).
- The fitness center, including the swimming pool, will be closed until further notice. Online exercise classes will be available through our in-house television channel.
- All Garlands members and staff will check in at a monitoring center for any symptoms before gaining re-entry to the garage or their private residence.
- We will continue to pro-actively screen Prairieview members daily and independent living members weekly for COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, in an effort to provide assistance if needed and determine any possible areas of risk.
- These actions are in addition to the previously communicated precautions which included:
- Limiting guests to“essential visitors.” Only guests who are needed for health care purposes or maintenance/repair will be allowed with prior administrative approval. These visitors will be required to complete the COVID-19 symptom questionnaire and have their temperature taken before they are allowed access.
- Canceling/rescheduling events that involve outside guests/speakers/performers; We will continue to provide online activity programming on our in-house television channel.
- Suspending all group transportation, including regularly scheduled trips to the grocery store.
- Screening staff for fever, other COVID-19 symptoms and recent travel.
- Taking extra precautions when cleaning to reduce exposure.
The Garlands is:
- Pro-actively screening members for COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, to help provide assistance if needed and determine any possible areas of risk.
- Limiting staff services (with the exception of urgent matters) in private independent living homes in an effort to limit exposure.
Thank you for continuing to help keep our members and our staff healthy.