We at The Garlands of Barrington continue to carefully monitor the information issued by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health and elected officials relative to the global outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Although we currently do not have any active cases of COVID-19 reported at our community, The Garlands is acting per guidelines and taking proactive measures to safely address this public health concern.
In addition to the previously communicated precautions, which included:
- Limiting guests to “essential visitors.” Only guests who are needed for health care purposes or maintenance/repair will be allowed with prior administrative approval. Examples of essential visitors are hospice employees or anyone providing dementia or psychosocial support to Members. These visitors will be required to complete the COVID-19 symptom questionnaire and have their temperature taken before they are allowed access.
- Canceling/rescheduling events that involve outside guests/speakers/performers
- Suspending all group transportation, including regularly scheduled trips to the grocery store
- Screening staff for fever, other COVID-19 symptoms and recent travel
- Taking extra precautions when cleaning to reduce exposure
The Garlands is:
- Pro-actively screening members for COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, to help provide assistance if needed and determine any possible areas of risk.
- Offering carryout or delivery of all meals. Per Governor Pritzker’s mandate prohibiting dining in restaurants, Happy Hours are canceled, and The Garlands dining venues will be closed for seating, however they remain open for carry out and delivery.
- Limiting staff services (with the exception of urgent matters) in private independent living homes in an effort to limit exposure.
Thank you for helping us keep our members and team members healthy.