WE’VE GOT YOUR BACK
Prairieview at The Garlands is the proud recipient of a five-star quality rating from the Center for Medicare Services.
Worry Free Living
Prairieview at The Garlands assisted living provides individualized care in a safe, nurturing and worry-free environment.
Specially trained and designated caregivers provide assistance with everyday activities like medication reminders, bathing and dressing and offer ongoing support to members and their families. Members are encouraged to inspire their amazing in daily social and wellness activities.
Prairieview at The Garlands all-inclusive monthly rates are priced competitively. Unlike many assisted living providers, these generous service plans feature no hidden costs and no large, up-front entrance fee is required for residency.
For more information about the costs associated with living at Prairieview at The Garlands, please call a residency counselor at 847-304-1996.
All of Prairieview’s one and two bedroom assisted living residences feature larger-than-usual open floor plans for comfort and mobility, as well as private bathrooms with a walk-in shower, full kitchenettes, ample storage and an emergency call system.
- Spacious private suites that are decidedly larger than most
- Kitchens with microwave, refrigerator and cooktop
- Private bathroom featuring easy-access showers with assist bars and bench
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Ample closet space
- Emergency response system in bedroom and bathroom
- Smoke detectors and sprinklers
- Wall-to-wall carpet and window treatments
- High quality fixtures, cabinetry and finishes
- Monitored, alarmed fire and security system
- Television, basic cable and telephone pre-wiring
The Garlands is the proud recipient of The International Council on Active Aging’s (ICAA) Innovator Award for excellence in health, wellness and active aging programs. This award honors cutting-edge wellness programs and lifestyle offerings that inspire healthier, more vital aging for adults over 50.
At your service.
At Prairieview at The Garlands of Barrington, professional caregivers help residents with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders, and monitor care 24-hours-a-day. Prairieview residents also enjoy The Garlands signature cuisine in several nearby dining rooms, as well as housekeeping and transportation services.
- Three meals served daily in Dining Room; menus change daily to ensure exceptional variety
- Healthy snacks and beverages are available throughout the day
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Weekly laundering of resident-provided sheets and towels
- Weekly personal laundry service
- Daily light tidying, including garbage disposal and bed-making
- Daily social, educational, cultural and recreational programs and events tailored to residents’ interests and abilities
- Functional assessment completed for initial needs and for developing an ongoing care and service plan
- Quarterly assessments to evaluate needs or change in condition
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, events and appointments
- Minimal assistance and support with dressing and grooming
- Stand-by assistance with bathing (up to twice weekly)
- Minimal cueing for meals and activities
- Medication reminders daily
- Regular check-ins to monitor safety
- Licensed Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants available 24-hours-a-day
- Basic cable television service
- Personal trainer with classes
- Emergency call pendant
- Residence maintenance, including all major appliances
- All utilities
This level contains everything in Level One plus:
- Assistance with bathing (up to five times weekly)
- Daily assistance with dressing and grooming
- Daily cueing for meals and activities
This level includes everything in Level One and Two, plus the following:
- Incontinence management, including more frequent personal laundry and garbage disposal
- More frequent assistance with bathing (up to daily)
- Daily hands-on assistance with transfer
- Daily hands-on assistance with dressing and grooming