Garlands members who require specialized, long-term care or short-term rehabilitation have access to Prairieview’s Skilled Nursing residences.
A full complement of skilled nursing services, including physical, occupational and speech therapies, provide a convenient path to recovery for those recuperating from temporary illness or in need of ongoing nursing care.
The Garlands is the proud recipient of The International Council on Active Aging’s (ICAA) Innovator Award for excellence in health, wellness and active aging programs. This award honors cutting-edge wellness programs and lifestyle offerings that inspire healthier, more vital aging for adults over 50.
Prairieview at The Garlands is a proud recipient of a perfect five-star quality rating from the Center for Medicare Services.
All Private Suites
Prairieview at the Garlands of Barrington’s skilled nursing suites are spacious and private. Residents can also enjoy private bathrooms with a walk-in shower, customized closets and an emergency call system.
- Spacious private suites with lovely residential-styled furniture and lighting
- Private bathrooms in each suite feature curb-free ceramic showers with built in bench
- Customized closets
- Personal, adjustable flat-screen televisions included in each private suite
- Basic and Premium cable available
- State-of-the-art emergency call system with voice response and wireless technology that allows rapid staff response from anywhere in building
- All utilities included
At your service.
At Prairieview at The Garlands of Barrington, professional caregivers help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders, and monitor care 24-hours-a-day. Prairieview residents also enjoy The Garlands signature cuisine in the nearby dining room, as well as housekeeping and transportation services.
- Warm, elegant common areas with high volume ceilings and rich architectural details
- Lounge and Living Room areas include a wall-mounted, flat screen television for clear visibility and enjoyment from all areas of the rooms
- Beverage and snacks for both resident and guest(s) provided throughout the day and evening
- Spa-like Personal Care/Bathing Suite
- Beauty Salon within the Skilled Nursing neighborhood for convenient use by residents
- Daily housekeeping service, including garbage disposal and bed-making
- Daily laundering of sheets and towels (sheets and towels are provided)
- Weekly personal laundry service
- Daily social, educational, cultural and recreational programs and events tailored to residents’ interests and abilities
- Regular meetings with physician, resident and families to review resident care
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, events and appointments
- Moderate to complete care with activities of daily living
- Assistance with bathing
- Medication administration by a licensed nurse
- Regular check-ins to monitor safety and well-being
- Medical Director from Barrington who visits at least once a week
- Licensed Nurses and Personal Care Assistants in unit 24-hours-a-day
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Extensive/Total assistance with activities of daily living
- Professional Nursing staff who have specialized training to meet the various care needs of older adults including:
- Restorative Nursing Program
- Wound Care
- Diabetic Care
- Tracheotomy Care
- Infusion Therapy
- Respiratory Care
- Enteral Feeding Care
- Ostomy Care
- Incontinence Care
- On-site therapists to provide Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- Fully-equipped therapy gym and full-sized kitche
- or specialized occupational therapy that includes activities-of-daily-living task training
- Specializing in short-term rehabilitation working towards a goal of returning individuals back to a less-restrictive living environment
- Lower-than-industry average staff-to-resident ratios
- Three meals served daily in Dining Room; menus change daily to ensure exceptional variety
- Room service available as needed
- Specialized diets are available as needed
- Healthy snacks provided throughout the day